Homework helper from kindergarden to grade 12 & also reference for college grades
JK & SK - Homework Help For Junior & Senior KinderGarden
Star fall high quality Kindergarten Curriculum - Where Children have fun learning to read
Colouring book Activities & Puzzles - Free download or print colouring book, play puzzle & much more
GAMES & VIDEO
ELEMENTARY - Homework Help For Grades 1 - 6
- Kids educational Games & video - Activities to improve the basic skills your child needs including reading, writing, spelling, math, science, logic and much more.
Homework Center - Multnomah County Library - Homework Help
- Children's Literature Web Guide - Massive and well-organized, with links to nearly every worthwhile children's reading site.
- 26 Golden Rules for Writing Well - Software, writing software & much more
- Common Errors in English - A concise list of the most common errors in English usage
- APlus Homework Helper - Homework Helper will allow you to input a problem and your answer. It will then figure out if your solution is correct
- Flashcards for Kids - This is a real working flash card application on the net!
- Grade 4 Math Excercise - Print the Follow-up Exercises and Play the math game
- Grade 5 Math Excercise - Print the Follow-up Exercises and Play the math game
- Grade 6 Math Excercise - Print the Follow-up Exercises and Play the math game
JUNIOR HIGH - Homework Help For Grades 7-8
Infoplease Homework Central - Help homework answers history english math geography social studies science research internet encyclopedia on line dictionary almanac reference
- Mathematics:World of Math Online - Free math lessons and math homework help from basic math to algebra, geometry and beyond. Students, teachers, parents, and everyone can find solutions to their math problems instantly.
- BJ Pinchbeck's Homework Helper in English - If you cann't find it here, you just can not find it.
- Google's Directory about Authors - Authors Categorized by Letter
- The Ontario Curriculum:Canada - Social Studies,Grades 1 to 6; History and Geography, Grades 7 and 8. Ministry of Education / Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
- Provinces and Territories of Canada - Province/Territory and Capital City
Linked to official websites
- The 50 States of the United States - A quick resource for fun facts about each of the nation's 50 states, including when they achieved statehood
- Amateur Science - Amateur Science page: experiments, demonstrations
- Mad Scientist Network - The mad scientists from Washington University Medical School in St. Louis will answer questions in 25 areas of science, from anatomy and chemistry to zoology.
- StarChild: A Learning Center for Young Astronomers - introduction to the solar system and space exploration for youngsters.
HIGH SCHOOL - Homework Help For Grades 9-12
High School Hub - Academic resources for high school students
- Math2.org - source for all your math needs- geometry, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, and more.
- Math Archives - you will find links to various WWW resources on Mathematics. They are organized by topics.
- Math Homework Help - pre-algebra, algebra I & II, college algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, calculus
- On-Line Books Page - 5000+ Listings
- Shakespearean Homework Helper - Reference Links,Theater Links,Movie Links
- THE CANADIAN SOCIAL STUDIES SUPER SITE - CANADA - GENERAL INFORMATION,CANADIAN BIOGRAPHIES ONLINE, GEOGRAPHY, MAP SKILLS AND SPACE AGE MAPS & much more
- General Resources for Teaching & Learning About Canada - Education is a series of Resource Guides for teachers, designed to enhance the availability of contemporary learning materials about Canada
- Constitution of the United States
- THOMAS - U.S. Congress - Legislative Information
- PUMAS - Practical Uses of Math and Science
- Scientific American: Ask the Experts - the experts at Scientific American are available to answer what you really want to know
- SciCentral - science and engineering resources
- WebElements - Periodic Table
COLLEGE - Research From A - Z
- World Lecture Hall - links to pages created by faculty worldwide who are using the Web to deliver class materials. For example, you will find course syllabi, assignments, lecture notes, exams, class calendars, multimedia textbooks, etc.
Other Homework Links
- Astronomy Homework Help - Resource pages for researching astronomy on the Internet
- Mathematics for kids - THE MATHEMATICS, COLORS, SHAPES & GEOMETRIC DEFINITION
- Physical Science - Interactive Java Scripts -Learning Physical science just got easier!
- High School Homework Assistance Page - Links organized by class subject areas such as math, english composition and literature, social studies, foreign language, etc.
- Homework Central - Resources for k-12 schools & libraries
- Homework Help - King County Library
- Homework Help - KidInfo
- Homework Now - Online student assignment directory
- HomeworkSpot - Find the best K-12 homework resources organized by subject and grade-level
- World Heritage List - World heritage list has 788 properties in three categories ( 611 cultural, 154 natural and 23 mixed properties in 134 States Parties. )
- Jiskha Homework Help - The best homework help on the net
questions, and open the door to a virtual encyclopedia of facts and figures
- Math Homework Help - college algebra, trigonometry, pre-calculus, calculus I & II
- MEGAlinks! for Students -For younger kids, parents & teachers
- Melody's Homework Help - About 3,000 pages of information. There's something for everyone here!
- Multnomah County (Oregon) Homework Center - Multnomah County Library: Civil Rights Resource Guide
& also Lewis & Clark Resource Guide
- Schoolwork Ugh! - "Library closed? Need information for your homework assignments?"
- Study Web - comprehensive index that categorizes and reviews over 17,000 educational and reference Web sites.
- Time to Dewey Your Homework - Kanawha County (W.Va )Public Library suggests the following resources as a good places to start.
- WWW Virtual Library - a staggeringly comprehensive compilation of informational Web sites, arranged by topic.
- Yahooligans - Homework help, sports scores, "art soup" and games. Just like Yahoo only just for kids.
- HomeWork Helper - The best place to find homework helper information. Online Homework Help: Phonics, Book Reports,Essays & much more
- Education Place - Grade K-8
- Science Hunt - Start your science project here: From K to grade 12
- Kids Click - A huge search engine for kids. Web search for kids by librarians.
TOOLS FOR RESEARCH
- The Stugy Skill Resource - some great information about cultivating good study skills
- Chem4Kids - Easy to navigate with site map or search engine and includes drop-down glossary for terms.
Also includes data on atoms, elements and matter as well as biographies of famous chemists.
- Chemistry - the environment, biochemistry, and inorganic, organic, and medicinal chemistry
- Most Common Errors in English - site is dedicated to errors in usage
- Country Studies/Area Handbook - Library of Congress - online series presently contains studies of 85 countries
- Elements of Style - William Strunk, Jr. - ELEMENTARY RULES OF USAGE ENGLISH
- Fact Monster - Online Almanac, Dictionary, Encyclopedia, and Homework Help
- Finding Data on the Internet - Robert Niles' Journalism Help
- Guide for Writing Research Papers - An Introduction to Research Techniques
- Guide to Internet Research for High School and College Students - Specialized Research & Research and Writing Tools
- Infonation - United Nations - the most up-to-date statistical data for the Member States of the United Nations
- Public libraries of Canada - provinces & territories
- Public libraries of Europe - directory of sites broken down by country; libraries and related organizations are listed.
- OneLook Dictionaries - Search over 721,000 words in 156 dictionaries
- Online Writing Lab - The Purdue University Online Writing Lab serves writers from around the world.
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant - Writing ideas and activities. This online guide offers help in inventing, organizing, revising, and editing essays--of special interest to nonfiction writing students and instructors.
- Periodic Table of the Elements - A Resource for Elementary, Middle School, and High School Students.
- Proofreading Symbols and Abbreviations - Common Proofreading Symbols
- itools.com - Research, search & language tools all in one place
- Research Paper and the World-Wide Web - companion site to the book. Features an online study guide with chapter-specific exercises.
- Seven Steps of the Research Process- Research Strategy
- Study Guides and Strategies - Study Guides includes over 50 pages of summary guides to assist students in succeeding in their studies. Topics include time and stress management,
test preparation, organizational strategies, reading and writing, and more. Translated into Arabic, Russian, Chinese, French, German, and Italian, the site should help students around the world.
- English Language, Grammar, Usage and Style - Huge Directory
GENERAL REFERENCE - All Grades
- 4kids.org - designed for kids (and their parents) to find fun, educational, and safe spots to visit on the World Wide Web.
Use your math skills to navigate through this bizarre world, dodging the thought police as you try to unravel the secrets of problem solving. A pop-up "mathulator" (calculator) helps you move from level to level.
- Awesome Library - K-12 Education Directory
- Ben's Guide to the U.S. Government for Kids - site introduces children to how the government works. It covers the U.S.
Constitution, how laws are made, the branches of government, and
citizenship. The site is divided into sections aimed at age groups K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12, with a separate section for parents and educators.
- BigChalk.com - Teachers, parents, and students can find a wide range of online support at this site including homework help, research tips, and study aids.
- Biology Project - Revision to make our learning materials accessible to people using assistive technologies.
- Biographical Dictionary - contains biographical information on over 18,000 people from ancient times to the present day
- Blackboard.com - At Blackboard.comSM, you can teach online for free, take distance-learning courses, utilize 239 discipline-specific resource centers and customize them to match your own classes, share tips and information with other online teachers and students, and much more.
- Blue Web'n Learning Center - a library of Blue Ribbon learning sites on the Web
- Calculators - Online Center - over 18,400 online calculators
- Electronic Research - American mathematical society
- Classroom Resources Activities for the Environment - Center for Environmental Education
- Homework helper for canadian students - Sites on the Homework Helper page are selected to be safe, fun and educational
- Convert It! - Convert just about anything to anything else. Over 5,000 units, and 50,000 conversions.
- Conversion Factors - The Metrics International System of Units
- Curious Math - tricks and rules for quickly calculating certain types of math problems. There's also some entertaining trivia and other math facts that are nice to slip into casual conversation. Some of it's Useful and some of it's Curious.
- Doctor's Guide to the Internet - Medical news, sites of the week, new drugs or indications, doctor's feedback, and an Internet-resource section. Extremely thorough.
- Education 4 Kids - "Once upon a time there was a dream that there would be a set of resources on the net that would exist solely for kids to use as an educational "center". A place where they could come and play drill games to better their skills and to learn. This is the place."
- Educational Hotlists - from the Franklin Institute
- Educational Index - an annotated guide to the best education-related sites on the Web.
- Elements of Style - William Strunk's classic on proper English usage
- EspanOle - The On-line Resource for Students and Teachers of Spanish!
- Explore Learning - ExploreLearning - Interact. Discover. Know!
- explorezone.com - animated earth, space and weather science
- FactMonster.com - Site for young students with info on everything from dragons and giants to pets and proverbs.
- Canada's SchoolNet - e-learning at the speed of life!
- Flashcards for Kids - Education 4 Kids is proud to announce the upgrading of Math Flashcards for Kids
- Franklin's Forecast - Information for students about various weather phenomenon and forecasting.
- From Stargazers to Starships - This high-school level tutorial focuses on three topics: Astronomy of the Earth's motion in space which includes information, and some experiments and projects that teach concepts about the calendar, seasons, Kepler's laws, building a sundial, and more;
- FunBrain.com - The Internet's #1 Education Site for K-8
- FunSchool - Funschool.com has loads of Java-based educational games for kids from preschool to sixth grade.
- General Chemistry Online - An introductory, searchable guide to chemistry that includes hyperlinked notes and guides for first semester chemistry, as well as articles. There is also a searchable glossary of over 900 terms, over 400 FAQs and a trivia quiz.
- Great Books of Western Civilization, The - From Mercer University, modeled after the course of study at St John's College, with links to the text of the Great Books
- Guide to Geography - About.com - resources include online world atlas, weekly articles about geography, annotated links to hundreds of sites, weekly quizzes, chats, and a free email newsletter.
- Historical Documents - The Avalon Project at Yale Law School
- How Things Work: The Physics of Everyday Life - ever wonder how something worked but didn't know whom to ask? Ask Louis A. Bloomfield, a physics professor at the University of Virginia.
- Human-Languages Page - best language links on the Internet
- Infomine - resources of relevance to faculty, students, and research staff at the university level
- Internet Classics Archive, The. - searchable collection of almost 400 classical Greek and Roman texts (in English translation) with user-provided commentary
- Internet Public Library
- Internet Scout - hundreds of announcements each week for the online resources most valuable to the education community
- Kid's Alamnac - Yahoo! has rendered a more kid user-friendly version of the popular Information Please Kids' Almanac.
- Internet Dectectives - A Middle School Social Studies & Library Media Project
- Kidinfo - A great way to find both fun stuff and information for completing your homework assignments.
- KidsClick! - "web guide and search tool for kids by librarians"
- Kids Did This - reports written by students
- LearningPlanet.com - Site for kids preschool through sixth grade to play free learning games online.
- LibrarySpot - a virtual library resource center for educators and students, librarians and their patrons, families, businesses and just about anyone exploring the Web for valuable research information
- Mad Scientist Network - Answers on everything from Anatomy to Zoology.
- Math.com - Free math homework help, math tutoring, math formulas and cool math stuff. Recommendations on books, calculators and products for students, parents, and teachers.
- The Math Forum Internet Mathematics Library - Mathematics Topics
Algebra, Analysis, Arithmetic/Early Math, Calculus (Single Variable), Communicating Math, Differential Equations, Discrete Math & much more
- Math Help: Professor Freedman - a mixture of sound, humor, color, animation and graphics with lots of help for the "math anxious" student. Its aim is to give students a self-directed and entertaining way to learn basic math and algebra.
- Math in Daily Life - site shows how math helps us in our daily lives. It demonstrates math concepts such as probability, compounding, growth, geometry, and relationships in situations such as gambling, savings and investing, population growth, home decorating, and cooking.
- Math Word Problems for Children - over 2000 math word problems for children to learn from and enjoy. The pages are sorted by topic and level of difficulty. Each problem is designed to improve elementary and middle school students' critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Metric Conversion Card - Use this easy chart to convert inches to centimeters, pounds to kilograms, Fahrenheit to Celsius, and more.
- Mint, The - An economics and money management primer that addresses how to earn, budget, save, and invest money in today's society. Issues covered include the stock market, credit cards, inflation, income, expenses, interest rates, the relationship
between higher education and earning potential, and more. Designed for middle school and high school students, with a section for teachers and parents
- Myschoolonline.com - "Welcome to the Web's largest community of local education sites."
- National Geographic Homework Help - Need to know how much hippos eat, what explorers Lewis and Clark packed in their first-aid kit, where Giza is, or how fireworks work? You have come to the right place. Here are our most fact-filled features, perfect for reports, presentations, homework or your curiosity.
- Neuroscience for Kids - Explore the nervous system, using experiments, activities, and games to learn about the brain, spinal cord, neurons, and senses. The site, which includes links to other sites and current events in the field, is
appropriate to students of all ages.
- Numeracy Home Page, The - Links, puzzles, and other numeracy activities for adults designed to encourage interest in math.
- Nye Labs Online - Bill Nye the Science Guy's Web site is as lively and funny as his television show. Select Demo of the Day for a different daily science experiment you can do at home. In Home
Demos are over 40 different demonstrations, complete with
explanations of how things work.
- Old Farmer's Almanac - The original Farmer's Almanac since 1792
- OneLook Dictionaries - over 640,000 words in 109 dictionaries
- Perry-Castaneda Library Map Collection -Online Maps of Current Interest
- Periodic Table - WebElements - WebElements Scholar Edition - for chemistry and other students at universities and schools
- Perseus Project - detailed searchable library of texts, translations, art and archaeology of Ancient Greece and Rome.
- Peterson's Guide to Colleges - information on undergraduate and graduate education in the US
- Physics Classroom, The - Learn basic physics concepts and review them in the Physics Tutorial. Check Your Understanding quizzes let you know you got it.
- Pi Pages, The - Think you know everything there is to know about pi? Try this trivia game and test your knowledge.
- Project Gutenburg - 'Fine literature digitally re-published'
- Quia Math - more than thirty math activities which include flashcards and a Concentration-style matching game. Topics range from basic addition to algebra terminology. Don't miss the Math Journey, where students can travel around the world as they practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and rounding at four levels.
- QuickMath - Quick Math is an automated service for answering common math problems over the internet. Think of it as an online calculator that solves equations and does all sorts of algebra and calculus problems - instantly and automatically!
- RHL School, The - subject areas are reading comprehension, math problem solving and computation, English basics, and reference skills. They are most appropriate for elementary through middle school students.
- Reference.com - searchable directories of newsgroups and mailing lists
- Research-It! - collection of online research tools. Search dictionaries, translate words, find quotations and more.
- Roberts Rules of Order - simplified version of Robert's Rules of Order, the standards for conducting meetings
- Roget's Internet Thesaurus
- SAT Question of the Day
- Science is Fun - Fun of science through home science activities.
- School Express - An educational mall offering resources for schools, home schools, teachers, parents and children.
- Science News for Kids - Resource for kids ages 9 to 14 & teachers and parents.
- Scholarly Journals - University of Houston Libraries
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators - Useful for enhancing curriculum and teacher professional growth
- Shakespeare - The Complete Works
- Space Place - Space science from the folks at NASA.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
- Loan Calculator - Everyday use..
- Statistics - How accurate is polling? *fictional election.
- Study Guides and Strategies - Study Guides includes over 100 pages learning and studying strategies, test preparation and taking, classroom and project participation, reading and writing skills, and more.
- Sunrise/Sunset Computation - Type in a city name and find out times for sunrise, sunset, and more
- Tennessee Bob's Famous French Links - Guide links to over 7000 French language sites.
- This is MEGA Mathematics - A project of the Los Alamo's National Research Laboratory, site has puzzles, graphs, and algorithms.
- Thomas: Legislative Information on the Internet - Congress Now: House Floor This Week | House Floor Now | Senate Schedule: Majority Minority
- U.S. Census & Map Data - This gazetteer is used to identify places to view with the Tiger Map Server
- U.S. and Puerto Rico Population Figures
- Virtual Body -The human brain, skeleton, human heart , digestive tract & much more..
- Virtual Hospital - University of Iowa
- Canadian Newspapers - Newspaper Depot!
- Visual Elements - featuring computer-generated images that interpret the 109 entries of the periodic table
- Visible Human Project - The US National Library of Medicine is creating complete, anatomically detailed, three-dimensional representations of the male and female human body.
- Vocabulary University - LEARNING ACTIVITIES: Separated into 3 levels of difficulty, these free interactive vocabulary puzzle and activity sessions use Latin and Greek "roots and cells" to help
- Webster Dictionary - the on-line version of Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Tenth Edition
- WebMath - the goal of this website is to provide you with an instant solution to the particular math problem you're having trouble solving.
- Weights & Measures - Methods of Measuring Overweight (excess fat) in the Body
- Who Represents You in Congress? - Project Vote Smart
- Population Calculator - See the world population today!
- Why Files: Science behind the news - University of Wisconsin, Board of Regents
- WorldClimate: Weather rainfall and temperature data - over 85,000 records of world climate data
- World Fact book CIA - CIA homepage
- World Population Clock - current population & calendar based population
- World Rulers - This site contains lists of heads of state and heads of government (and, in certain cases, de facto leaders not occupying either of those formal positions) of all countries and territories, going back to about 1700 in most cases.
- World Wide Metric Calculators - Length, volume, pressure, Weight, Temperature & currency Calculator all in one place..
- Dictionary from around the world - Huge directory with all categories
- World Time ZonesCategory: A to Z
- World Time Zones Get time from anywhere, for any city!
- Z39.50 Gateway - a national and international (ISO 23950) standard defining a protocol for computer-to-computer information retrieval.
- 4 Kids.tv - Watch! Music! Buzz! Games! Fun! & Interact.
- CONVERTER/CALCULATOR/TRANSLATOR - Always handy & Always useful!
- Education Corner - Education that matters
li>Home Adviser - Real-World Math: 15 Resources with over 100 Lesson Plans
- Edudemic - 10 Creative Ways to Use Your iPad in the Classroom
- Middleweb - 8 Ways to Make MS History More Meaningful
- Redfin - The Educator’s Guide to Real Estate Lesson Plans
- scholastic - 40 Cool Science Experiments on the Web
- learning.blogs.nytimes.com - 500 Prompts for Narrative and Personal Writing
- blog.udemy.com - Interesting Debate Topics: Social, Cultural, and Beyond
- findyourcontext.education - A College Students Guide for Studying