Healthy living-->get health info and all that matters!
Are you drinking enough?
We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%. One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
Fitness is a physical condition when one feels natural (i.e. normal, fresh and enthusiastic) in his usual daily life. We got our health and physique. Initially it was almost flawless. And like any other thing health and physique would deteriorate, as time will pass if we do not take proper care. In fact with out the maintenance the health will break down at a faster rate with the physique. It is our duty to take care of our own body. You yourself would have to take initiative in this regard and here other can help you very little.
INDICATORS AND SYMPTOMS OF LACK OF FITNESS»»
Generally, one can understand from self-analysis whether he himself is fit or not. But there is a problem. We are so mechanical in our routine life that there is little scope and time to think about our health. Again the health problem creeps up very very slowly. People cannot understand. Sometimes people get accustomed with some health problem and cannot segregate it from earlier better health condition. He thinks it is his natural condition. Or it would be all right as time passes on.
So, it is important to notice some objective criteria. There are some yardsticks to gauge your health condition objectively.
· Weight -Height measurement
· Back ache
· Shoulder ache
· Neck ache
· Sprain in any part of the body
· Muscle pain
· Low level of enthusiasm
· Getting tired easily
· Regular checking of Blood sugar
· Regular checking of Blood cholesterol
There are two ways to overcome those problems.
· Control over food intake and
Restricted food intake is one very important aspect to maintain fitness. Along with controlled food intake regular exercise may solve your problem. But if you found anything serious you should consult your physician. And you can practice exercise as soon as it becomes normal.
Benefits of Fitness:
Regular exercise does not allow you to come across any fitness problem. Other wise you would have to wait when the problem comes after then you would have to start your fitness program. But I insist on the philosophy 'prevention is better than cure'. Exercise is a curative as well as a preventive measure.
If you start exercise you do not need be too concerned about those yardsticks. But in practice you will be more careful interested about your own health as soon as you start exercise and take restricted food. This way fitness program increases your health consciousness. This is also a positive point to start a fitness program.
· Reduce Heart problem: It improves cardio-vascular activity and as such reduce heart problem.
· Reduce the sugar level in blood and prevent diabetes: Exercise enforces workouts, which uses the human energy. So, the excess sugar (in the form of glucose) is being utilised to produce energy. It reduces the sugar level in blood.
· Reduce cholesterol level in blood: As cardio- vascular activity improves cholesterol level also be maintained to the desired level.
· Muscles get 'rust-free': Frequent and regular movements keep muscles free and active.
· Looks Attractive: To some it is the most important factor to exercise. Especially women are very concerned about their figure. About their Brest-waist-hip ratio. There are several studies to show that a well shaped figure is attractive to male as well as women.
· Utilizing most of yourselves: If you are fit, you can utilize your whole energy in your work. If you are not fit more energy will be wasted to keep you just stable and working. So, in that case you cannot use most of yourselves.
· Fit body leads to a fit mind: If health is not ok, mind will also follow suit. Mental condition may not be good for many reasons. But if your body were fit at least your health would not be cause of your bad mental condition.
· Reduces Stomach problem: Fitness program reduces the problem of gas and problem of acid. This way it reduces the stomach problem.
· Reduced risk of high blood pressure: Exercise, especially aerobic exercise, improves the blood circulation and reduces the risk of high blood pressure.
· Increased lung capacity: As higher oxygen is being taken at the time of exercising, the lung capacity for taking oxygen increases gradually.
· Flexible joints and healthy bones: Exercise ensures the movement of the bone joints and muscles. So, joints remain flexible and bones gets healthy.
· Prevent ageing: Ageing refers to the ineffectiveness of joints and muscles. Exercise keeps muscles flexible and effective and overcome the problems of age.
· Strength will increase: More muscle means more strength. As muscles would be having more strength, the strength of the whole body would increase.
· Controlling weight: Fitness program means taking low calorie nutritious food and to exercise. Both leads to lower calorie residue in human body. As a result of that weight remains in control.
Causes of Getting Overweight:
People get overweight for two reasons: (a) For development of muscles and (b) For development of fat.
Exercise develops muscles so also weight. Still it is advisable to exercise as a measure of weight control:
A study by Fitness expert William J. Kraemer, PhD, of Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana shows that an average women who undertakes strength training for around 8 months develops 1.75 pounds in the form of muscles and reduces 3.5 pounds in the form of fat. So, net weight loss was 1.75 pound.
Secondly, higher weight in muscles results in higher energy consumption, which reduces fat. Weight training expert and researcher Wayne Westcott, PhD, from the South Shore YMCA in Quincy, shows that for each pounds of muscles cause 35 - 50 calories more to calorie burning daily.
Thirdly and most importantly, weight gain due to muscles is not bad for health. But the excess fat may cause several health problems
Process of getting 'Fat' and Overweight:
If required calorie is less than the calorie intake in the form of food then fat yields. This fat is stored in cells. These cells are elastic. The cells could contract or could get larger depending upon the fat stored in the cells. The fat could be converted into energy if energy requirement is more than energy developed by the body. Thus, if a person takes restricted food and exercise regularly his excess fat would exhaust. He would not be having excess fat.
Calorie Consumption for Different Day to Day Activities:
All you need to know about Health, Fitness and Beauty with tips and converter:
Calorie consumption differs from one person to another mainly depending upon the weight and gender. We are providing here calorie consumption of a standard woman and man.
|FOOD SERVING SIZE CONVERSION||IDEAL WEIGHT CHART FOR MEN AND WEMEN||MEASURE EXCESS FAT||CALORIE CALCULATOR||HEALTH & FITNESS||BEAUTY TIPS||HEALTHY TIPS|
1. Beauty & Body Book --- a natural way. Hind pocket books. By Chho Dev
2. Fitness Tip --- Why Women Need Weight Training. By IDEA