Six kalima with audio and translation
The Kalimah is the essence of Islam. A true Muslim is one who is completely aware of the meaning of the Kalimah, proclaims it with sincerity and devotion, and acts and lives in accordance to its requirements. The 6 (six)Kalimas are recorded in various books of knowledge, and are recited (and remembered) by people across the globe. These kalimas were compiled together for children to memorise and learn the basic fundamentals of a Muslim's beliefs. They are not found altogether complete in any one hadith or narration from the Prophet (peace be upon him). However, some of them can be found individually in the narrations.
Listed below are the 6 well known Kalimas
First Kalima: The Word of Purity (Tayyabah)
La ilaha ill Allah Muhammadur-Rasul Allah
Translation: There is no God but Allah Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah
Second Kalima: The word of Testimony (Shahaadat)
Ash-hadu an-La illaha ill Allahu, Wahdahu La Sharika lah, wa ash-Hadu anna Muhammadan 'abduhu wa Rasoolu
Translation: I bear witness that no-one is worthy of worship but Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger
Third Kalima: The word of Glorification (Tumjeed)
Subhan Allahu, wal Hamdu lillahi, wa la illaha ilAllahu, wallahu Akbar. wa La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah-al 'alii-al 'adheem
Translation: Glory be to Allah and Praise to Allah, and there is no God But Allah, and Allah is the Greatest. And there is no Might or Power except with Allah.
Fourth Kalima: The word of Unity (Tauhid)
La ilaha illAllahu Wahdahu La Shareeka lahu, lahulmulk, wa lahulhamd, yuhyee wa yumeet, wa huwa hayy la yumoot
abadan abada Dhul Jalaali waal Ikram beyadihi alkhayr, wa huwa 'ala kulli Shay'in Qadeer
Translation: (There is) none worthy of worship except Allah. He is only One. (There is) no partners for Him. For Him (is) the Kingdom. And for Him (is) the Praise. He gives life and acuses death. And He (is) Alive. He will not die, never, ever. Possessor of Majesty and Reverence. In His hand (is) the goodness. And He (is) the goodness. And He (is) on everything powerful.
Fifth Kalima: The word of Testimony (Shahaadat)
Astaghfirullaha Rabbi min kulli dhanbin adhnabtahu amadan aw khata'an, sirran aw alaniyatan, wa atubuhu ilayhi min adh-dhanb illadhi a'lamu, wa min adh-dhanb illadhi la a'lamu, innaka anta allamal ghuyub, wa sattar ul'uyoubi, wa ghaffarudh dhunub, wa la hawla wa la quwwatta illa billahil 'aliy-al 'adheem
Translation:I seek forgiveness from Allah, my Lord, from every sin I committed knowingly or unknowingly, secretly or openly, and I turn towards Him from the sin that I know and from the sin that I do not know. Certainly You, You (are) the knower of the hidden things and the Concealer (of) the mistakes and the Forgiver (of) the sins. And (there is) no power and no strength except from Allah, the Most High, the Most Great
Allahumma innii a'udhu bika min an ushrika bika shai-anw- wa ana a'lamu bihii. Tubtu anhu wa tabarra-tu min al-kufri wash-shirki wal-kizdhbi wal-ghiibati wal-bidati wan-namiimati wal fawaahishi wal-buhtani w-al-maaasii kulliha. Wa aslamtu wa aquulu La illaha illAllahu Muhammadur RasulAllah.
Translation: (O Allah! Certainly I seek protection with You from, that I associate partner with You anything and I know it. And I seek forgiveness from You for that I do not know it. I repended from it and I made myself free from disbelief and polytheism and the falsehood and the back-biting and the innovation and the tell-tales and the bad deeds and the blame and the disobedience, all of them. And I submit and I say (there is) none worthy of worship except Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.)
Six Kalimas in English Tajveed:
1) Kalma Tayyab: Laa ilaaha illal Lahoo Mohammadur Rasool Ullah
2) Kalma Shaadat: Ashahado An Laa ilaaha illal Laho Wa Ash Hado Anna Mohammadan Abdo Hoo Wa Rasoolohoo.
3) Kalma Tamjeed: Subhanallahe Wal Hamdulillahe Wa Laa ilaha illal Laho Wallahooakbar. Wala Haola Wala Quwwata illa billahil AliYil Azeem.
4) Kalma Tauheed: Laa ilaha illal Lahoo Wahdahoo Laa Shareekalahoo Lahul Mulko Walahul Hamdo Yuhee Wa Yumeeto Wa Hoa Haiy Yul La Yamooto Beyadihil Khair. Wa hoa Ala Kulli Shai In Qadeer.
5) Kalma Astaghfar: Astaghfirullah Rabbi Min Kullay Zambin Aznabtuho Amadan Ao Khat An Sirran Ao Alaniatan Wa Atoobo ilaihe Minaz Zambil Lazee Aalamo Wa Minaz Zambil Lazee La Aalamo innaka Anta Allamul Ghuyoobi Wa Sattaarul Oyobi Wa Ghaffaruz Zunoobi Wala Haola Wala Quwwata illa billahil AliYil Azeem.
6) Kalma Radde Kufr: Allah Humma inni Aaoozubika Min An Oshrika Beka Shai Aown Wa Anaa Aalamo Behi Tubtu Anho Wa Tabarrato Minal Kufri Washshirki Wal Kizbi Wal Jheebati Wal Bidaati Wan Nameemati Wal Fawahishi Wal Bohtani Wal Maasi Kulliha Wa Aslamtoo Wa Aamantoo Wa Aqoolo Laa ilaaha illal Lahoo Mohammadur Rasool Ullah.