Rapid grawing Pharmaceutical Industries in Bangladesh
Bangladesh become one of the world's leading suppliers of generic drugs.
257 licensed pharmaceutical manufacturers are operating in Bangladesh, according to Bangladesh Association of Pharmaceutical Industries (BAPI) and Directorate General of Drug Administration (DGDA).
Some of top facts are as follows:
1. Historical 5 years (2012 to 2017) CAGR: 15%.
2. 97% demand met locally, 3% via export.<
3. 80% Generic drugs, 20% Patented drugs.
4. 1.85% contribution to GDP.
5. Higher YoY growth of Pharmaceutical Industries than GDP.
The growth of Pharmaceuticals industry of Bangladesh exceeds the GDP growth of Bangladesh.
Read more on the PDF document about Pharmaceuticals Industry of Bangladesh